Wednesday 24 September 2014

The "Naked" Truth


Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup is one of the best makeup products and by far the best foundation I have ever tried. It has a luminous, demi-matte finish, with buildable coverage. This is ideal because it allows your natural skin to shine through without completely mattifying it, and also enables you to build up your desired coverage (whether it be full or lightweight). It is free of oils, parabens and fragrances, which is also an asset. Since oils can clog pores, oil-free foundation is a must for me. Having a foundation that is fragrance and paraben (a.k.a preservative) free is also something I look for, with my sensitive skin. This product is a gem because it feels virtually weightless and gives you “natural radiance”. Another advantage is that it is packed with nourishing ingredients, such as Matrixyl 3000 (which helps to maintain a youthful appearance), litchiderm (for a more radiant complexion), green tea, and vitamin E (anti-oxidants to help promote smoother skin), and sodium hyaluronate (holds water for better hydration). (Source: https://www.urbandecay.com/nakedskin) Like their advertisements claim, this foundation has, “light-diffusing spheres for an ultra-definition finish”. It also has a wide shade range, with 18 shades in total varying from pink to yellow skin undertones. This makes finding your “perfect” shade much easier.

So this product sounds amazing right? It is, but like every product, it has its cons. The first being the price. It is $45 which is definitely a more high-end product. A lot of people would not be willing to splurge on this, when they can get Cover Girl foundation for $10. However, because this product is absolutely superb, the price does not sway my decision to purchase it and I will continue to repurchase this product. Another con is the large packaging. Although the package is visually appealing, very sleek and conveniently has a pump for ease of use, it comes in a very large bottle which makes it less convenient for travelling or toting around. Thirdly, this foundation applies horribly with a brush. Ironically, I really did not like this foundation when I first bought it. I applied it with a flattop kabuki brush and the foundation appeared streaky and flaky on my skin, which is not an appealing look. When I applied this makeup with a beauty-blender sponge however, it completely changed the look of the foundation to the point where it seemed like an entirely different product. I was amazed by how natural and flawless it appeared after using it with a wet makeup sponge. In my opinion, this is the best way to apply this product because of its extreme liquidy texture. The makeup has a very runny consistency, much like paint, and when applied with a brush it can look like a streaky mess. Using your fingers or a beauty-blender will definitely give you the best finish.

I have been a part-time cosmetician for over a year now, which has allowed me to try numerous different products. Urban Decay’s Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup is without a doubt my favorite foundation and I was overjoyed when I finally found one that works with my more dry and rosacea-proned skin. This product is so lightweight, yet conceals my imperfections and redness almost flawlessly. It never looks cakey and almost never needs to be re-touched throughout the day. It appears great in photos and is also very long lasting. I have very few critical things to say about this product. It works with my dry skin and would also work for any skin type or anyone who loves that look of being “lit from within”. This product standing alone is amazing, but is even that much better when applied with a primer underneath, and set with Urban Decay’s makeup setting spray and then a setting powder over top (that gives me the best look). I highly recommend this product to anyone and everyone, and for those wondering whether or not to splurge on such an expensive foundation, I say it is 100% worth it. I give this foundation a 9 out of 10, because like me, it is almost perfect. 

 http://ba.fimgs.net/system/pics/12745/large/urban-decay-naked-skin.jpg?1344600210

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree with your review on this product! One of my favourites as well and definitely worth the price.

    ReplyDelete