Wednesday 22 October 2014

A letter to "sum" up how I feel

Dear Math,

It is not that I hate you, or despise you, or never want to see you again. It is that you are complicated and your view of life is as though things are black and white. But the thing you don't understand is that life is more than just black or white, and right or wrong. There are always grey areas and more than just one right answer. You complicate life for a lot of people with your tough questions and you can create problems and stress for many students like myself. Why must you do that? I understand your value in life and how useful it is to have mathematical knowledge, but you are always changing and somehow get more and more difficult as the years progress. I want to like you, I really do, but I have to confess that once I finish my required math courses for my university degree, we will have to go our separate ways. I may think about you from time to time and sure, I will use you in my everyday life... But this relationship was not meant to last. To me, you are a cutie 3.14 but that it not enough to keep me interested. I need more than theorems, fractions, angles and equations. This relationship has too many variables and I can't always keep up. I'm sure you have much to offer other students and please don't take this personally, but you + me = no solution.

Sincerely,

A hard working math student

No comments:

Post a Comment